How to Enable/Disable Chrome Notifications on Mobile and PC
If a site, app or extension wishes to share data, Chrome usually sends alerts to users. The process of enabling and deactivating the notifications is easy on your smartphone or your computer. Although they are helpful, these alerts or prompts could be annoying in the event that they are frequent. It is important to note it is true that iPhones and iPads don’t include a browser notification feature .
Read our step-by step guide for stopping receiving Google browser notifications.
How to enable and disable Notifications from Chrome on Android
1. Open Google Chrome as usual
2. Click on 3 dots that is located in the upper right corner of the browser.
3. Then , go to Settings
4. When the Menu displays Choose Notifications
5. You’ll notice that there are several options available to send out alerts, including browser incognito, downloads, and media. If you wish to disable just one or a few of these, you can remove the checkmark next to it.
6. If you wish to stop the notifications for these items, switch off the switch next to Show notifications.
7. Below are the websites that can send out notifications to your mobile phone. Again, it’s you can authorize every separately, by simply selecting and unchecking the boxes that are on the side.
8. If you’d like to be able to choose not to receive notifications for all websites simply disable the toggle on the Show notifications option within the Sites section.
9. If you don’t prefer to receive alerts from browsers, websites downloads, incognito mode or other media, switch off all of them in one go by closing the switch on the right side of your page, next to the option to show notifications
How to enable and disable Chrome Notifications on your PC
For Chrome on a PC It is feasible to turn notifications for websites to off and on, just as in the picture below.
1. Open Google Chrome as usual
2. Click on the icon with three dots in the upper-right part of the display. The menu that appears navigate to Settings
3. Scroll down the page of settings to the end , then click Advanced
4. Go there to Site Settings
6. A list of approved and blocked websites will be shown. If you’d like to add the site into one of these two categories, click the Add button .
7. In the box that appears in the box that opens, type in the URL of the site you would like to block or permit the sending of notifications.
8. If you wish to block notifications from all websites simultaneously, switch off the switch on right at the very top, next to the Ask prior to sending (Recommended) option.
How to block or allow Pop-ups in Chrome
In the words of Google, Chrome automatically disables pop-ups on default. In addition, according to Google If you continue to look at them, it’s possible that your computer is plagued by malware .
Some websites allow you to view forms or service pages in pop-ups . If you wish to see the contents, click the icon of a window that has an X on the front which is on the right of your navigation bar.
How do you know whether a site is secure
Chrome counts symbols that try to help users identify the safest website or not. The drawings are displayed on the left-hand edge of the address line.
If there’s an icon with a padlock, the site is secure. That is the data that is sent and received are confidential. However, the company advises be cautious when sharing information that is private and to ensure that the user ensures that the address is correct to the website they intend to visit.